No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Perfect if you are not keen on camping and want some comfort and air-con overnight but still love an adventure. Stay in resorts and motels in Kakadu National Park on tour.
5 Day Kakadu and Litchfield Adventure Tour
- Trip Styles: Budget
This 5-day tour is the perfect combination of a Top End adventure during the day and camping in comfort each night.
Join us on an exclusive 5 day Kakadu Tour from Darwin, visit Kakadu, Litchfield, and Edith Falls on tour. The adventure of a lifetime showcasing the very best of the Top End.
Imagine traveling to the oldest and best-preserved Aboriginal rock art in the World. Cruising the ancient wetlands by boat, keeping a lookout for some of our prehistoric friends (crocodiles) as we go. Visiting spectacular waterfalls and cooling off in some of the most beautiful natural plunge pools imaginable. And that is just the start of your Kakadu 4WD Outback Adventure! Spectacular waterfalls and cool off in some of the most beautiful natural plunge pools imaginable. Explore the internationally protected Mamukala Wetlands, We’ll be traversing some truly spectacular countryside, amongst pockets of rainforest packed with endemic species of flora and fauna.
Safari Tent camping on this Kakadu and Litchfield adventure tour. Perfect if you wish to sleep in the outback but remain protected from the elements, we provide permanent tents with beds, bed linen, pillows, and pillowcases.
It’s the ultimate ‘get away from it all experience on our 5 day Kakadu tour from Darwin. Embark on our Kakadu Litchfield and Katherine Gorge Tour 4WD journey and take in the sights of some of the most remarkable Aboriginal rock art in the entire world. Have a close encounter with a freshwater crocodile in the wild, cruise through ancient wetlands on a small boat and discover some of Australia’s most beautiful wilderness areas − all in one unforgettable trip!
Explore the floodplains of Ubirr, Twin or Jim Jim Waterfalls, Butterfly Gorge and Litchfield National Park on our 5 day Kakadu tours from Darwin.
1. How many are travelling?
2. Select a date
3. Looks awesome!!! Book it!
5 Day Kakadu Katherine Litchfield Adventure Camping - Safari Tent [from APR24]
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
Add to Package ($1,950)
$3,295Add to Package ($3,295)
Add to Package ($896)
Add to Package ($1,705)
Total Price: $7,846Add All To Wishlist Browse Wishlist
What To Bring
- Visit the World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park
- Explore Bowali & Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centres
- On the border of Kakadu and Arnhem Land, take a cultural boat cruise on the East Alligator River
- Watch for Crocs and Barramundi at *Cahills Crossing
- Breathtaking Aboriginal rock art and sunset views at Ubirr Rock
- Be guided through two world-class Aboriginal rock art sites Burrungkuy (Nourlangie) and Ubirr walk (conditions/seasonality permitting)
- Adventure to Kakadu’s biggest waterfall *Jim Jim or *Twin Falls (conditions/seasonality permitting)
- Relax and cool off at Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) waterfall and serene plunge pool
- Enjoy the hospitality of Jabiru and Katherine
- Optional Katherine Gorge Cruise or helicopter flight
- Discover the cascading waterfalls of Edith Falls
- Be impressed by century-old magnetic termite mounds
- Uncover the wonder of Litchfield National Park’s roaring waterfalls and hidden water holes
- Take a dip in the pools of Florence Falls, Buley Rockhole, or Wangi Falls
- 3L Refillable water bottle
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Beach towel & toiletries
- Bathers or swimwear
- Comfortable sturdy hiking shoes (closed shoes)
- All weather clothing (extreme conditions day/night)
- 15kg overnight bag & small day pack
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Mosquito or fly net (summer months)
- Flashlight, headlamp or torch
- Recharge power bank limited access
- Money for snacks and meals
- Solo passengers who book this tour as the connected Twin share you will be paired in a room with another traveler, where possible of the same gender but not guaranteed.
- If you only have 4 days to travel to Kakadu and Litchfield check out our 4 day Kakadu Tour from Darwin.
- Mandatory passenger details are required at the time of booking: date of birth, dietary, and phone number.
- We will try to cater to most dietary needs and/or food allergies passengers MUST notify the tour operator of any special dietary requirements, or medical conditions at the time of booking.
- A minimum moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks. The length of walks will be between 2km to 4km each day, often over steep rocky sections and in direct sunlight and high humidity. An approximate 9.5km walk is included in this tour. Embarking on walks will be at the guide’s discretion to ensure the safety of guests. Therefore, a medium/high level of fitness is required and a doctor’s certificate is required for people over 70 years (30 days prior to travel).
- Children aged between 8 to 17 years old must be always accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. Not suitable for infants or children 9 years and under.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 15kg travel bag, 1 x 5kg day bag
Not suitable for mobility-impaired travelers, wheelchairs, walkers or strollers.
- Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally sites in the parks close or do not allow swimming. As safety is our top priority, we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour.
- Guests are asked to participate in the preparation of meals, clean up and vehicle unpacking/loading, so everyone can relax together after a long day touring. It’s also a great way to get to know and connect with your fellow travelers.
- This tour is a combo package of our 4 day Kakadu tour, a night in Darwin and then a 1 Day Litchfield tour.
What is a combo tour?
This tour is a combo package of our 4-day Kakadu tour, a night in Darwin and then a 1 Day Litchfield tour.
You will be on a 4 day tour, then stay one night in a hotel in Darwin then head out on our 1 Day Litchfield tour.
Where will I sleep on tour?
This Safari Tent fare price is (Per Person) for Adults or Children. For guests wishing to sleep in the outback but remain protected from the elements, we provide permanent tents with beds, bed linen, pillows, and pillowcases.
What kind of vehicle do we travel in for this Kakadu Outback Adventure tour?
We have a couple of all-terrain 4×4 range of eco-tour buses, uniquely designed to handle the harshest of terrains and off-road tracks.
- Isuzu N Series NPS AB-B16 Bus (21-seater)
The maximum number of passengers we carry on this 4-Day tour is 16 people, with a minimum requirement of 6 people to guarantee the departure.
Do you cater to special dietary requirements?
Yes, please notify us if you have any dietary requirements or medical conditions at the time of booking, or at least a few days prior to departure, that way we can make any necessary arrangements. Most of the meals are prepared by our tour guides with basic camping-style options and others are provided by our accommodation providers onsite. Guests can participate in the preparation of meals, clean-up, and vehicle unpacking/loading as it’s a great way to get to know and connect with your fellow travellers.
How much luggage can I bring on tour?
We ask that guests you bring small overnight bags and hand luggage only as we have limited storage onboard our vehicles. Large suitcases and oversized luggage can be left at your hotel whilst you are on tour.
How fit do i need to be for this tour?
A minimum moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks. The length of walks will be between 2km to 4km each day, often over steep rocky sections and in direct sunlight and high humidity. An approximate 9.5km walk is included in this tour. Embarking on walks will be at the guide’s discretion to ensure the safety of guests.
Therefore, a medium/high level of fitness is required and a doctor’s certificate is required for people over 70 years (30 days prior to travel).
Children aged between 10 to 17 years old must be always accompanied by an adult or legal guardian and must stay in private twin rooms. Not suitable for infants or children 9 years and under.
This tour was very well planned with excellent tour guides. Accommodation was basic but clean and comfortable . The small group in a comfortable 4 wheel drive bus was a great way to travel the long distances.. information along the way and at attractions was excellent. I would recommend this tour to anyone with a moderate level of fitness as there were some longer walks and some rock hopping involved. All the walks were worthwhile for the sights and the beautiful swimming holes. .
Age Group: 30 - 70
Our 5 day tour with Rick (who had deservedly won tour guide of the year for 2 years running) was fantastic. We got to see and do all that we expected in comfort and safety. We were fortunate to have a great group of travelers with us who all got along well and pitched in with doing all of the required chores for this type of camping holiday. The organization went smoothly and we were always kept well informed about daily events and expectations. My wife unfortunately was inflicted with a bronchial infection whilst on the tour in Katherine and Rick went out of his way and was very helpful in making sure she received the medical attention she needed to be able to continue the tour with minimum fuss. I would have no hesitation in recommending this tour to anyone interested in the great experiences that the top end has to offer.
Richard and Deborah Souter
Age Group: 64 - 65
Great trip, loved Kakadu, our guides were great.
Age Group: 54 -
We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day top end Kakadu & Litchfield tour . Jay our guide was extremely competent and her knowledge was incredible. Our group all joined in together and that was great. A couple of the walks were pretty difficult but the scenery & the end results were always worth it. A most enjoyable holiday, really worth it!
Age Group: 70 - 75
We 3 travellers would like to commend Real Aussie Adventure Tours for an amazing Top End experience.. From pick up to drop off at the end of 5 days we had a truly wonderful travel experience. Our 3 guides were exceptional!. Joe for the first day, Ben for the next 3 & a young lady for our Lichfield experience.. They enriched the whole experience with their knowledge of nature, indigenous culture & organisation. Thank you, we would;d recommend the whole experience to anyone who has yet to travel to the Top End.
Age Group: 66 - 70