No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
The Top End is a place of incomparable natural beauty, rich culture, and incredible wildlife. Come explore the Top End with us—you won’t regret it!
5 Day Top End and Arnhem Land Adventure
- Trip Styles: Budget
We depart on Tuesdays May to October
Ready for a Top End adventure? If you’ve never been to Australia’s Top End, prepare yourself. This mystical land in the northernmost section of the remote Northern Territory packs is where the tropics meet the outback. Sandstone escarpments are decorated with ancient First Nations rock art, and the national parks are bursting with plunging waterfalls, monsoon forests, and breathtaking waterholes.
On this five-day adventure, you will spend time in Kakadu National Park, Nitmiluk National Park, and Litchfield National Park plus exclusive access to Arnhem Land. You will meet Traditional Owners of Wulna Country, take a croc-filled cruise along the East Alligator River, marvel at the spectacular Jim Jim Falls and swim in breathtaking locations on this unforgettable adventure through Australia’s far north.
Enjoy the flexibility of a small group tour, comfortable vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide, and the magic of camping under the great southern sky.
And there’s so much to see over 5 days on our popular Top End Adventure tour. At Kakadu National Park, check out the spectacular Jim Jim Falls At Nitmiluk National Park, go on a guided walk along the jagged edges of Katherine Gorge. And at Litchfield National Park, enjoy hikes through lush greenery surrounding Florence Falls, Wangi Falls, and Buley Rockholes (and don’t forget to stop for a refreshing swim). In Arnhem Land learn about the cultural importance of these spectacular landscapes with your local Bininj Guluyambi guide. Plus explore the breathtaking Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex—a site over 40,000 years old!
Join us for your Top End adventure!
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
- A trip to Mawurndaddja, the best-kept secret of Australia’s Top End
- Swim at either Gunlom Falls or Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) in Kakadu National Park
- Camp at night underneath the stars
- Visit Florence Falls, Wangi Falls, and Buley Rockholes in Litchfield National Park
- Wide brimmed hat
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots
- Sleeping bag
- Swim wear
- Comfortable casual clothing for five days
- Tour commences in Darwin on Day 1 at 6.50 am and finishes in Darwin (Day 5) at approximately 6 pm. Onward travel from Darwin must be booked for the following day.
- This trip requires a sleeping bag
- Itineraries are updated regularly throughout the year to reflect the current situation in each destination. Contributing factors such as, weather, local conditions, transport schedules, public holidays, or other factors may lead to the order and timing of included activities to vary, this will ensure the best possible experience for all travellers
- Tour is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack, with a maximum of 10kg. Excess luggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and flexible flight tickets are highly recommended.
- Travellers are required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
Rick was a fantastic guide and driver. We loved every bit of our trip, particularly the insight we gained from indigenous guides and the amazing rock art and wonderful bird life.. Kakadu, Nitmiluk and Litchfield experiences were wonderful and Rick adjusted experiences as required. The group was a great mix of people and the tents were quite comfortable. It was fun organising the meals together. Thank you Rick we had a great time, especially seeing the jabirus and red tailed cockatoos.
Age Group: 30 - 68
The itinerary of the tour was very informative, but was a bit concerned regarding facilities provided, but WOW! Our tour guide Candice was outstanding. There were 15 in our “mob” and Candice was so enthusiastic about the area you could tell she loved it, and that made it enjoyable for all of us. The facilities that I was concerned about turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Great value. Thank you!
Age Group: 74 -
Rick our tour guide was fantastic, we left the Northern Territory with cultural insights and knowledge that we will remember for our lifetimes. Well done Rick!
Age Group: 50 - 60
We had a wonderful 5 day trip very well organized saw some beautiful scenery . Very enjoyable
Age Group: 50 - 70
Great trip Rick was a really good tour guide & driver Camp kitchens could do with a good clean & oh&s Audit
This was the trip of a lifetime, perfect itinerary, outstanding location and places to vistit and an extraordinary tour guide (Candance, she was so knowledgeable and took the time to learn about each of us so she was providing personalised tips that were relevant to each of us. Absolutely recommend this tour if you want a relaxed yet incredible adventure on the Top end.
Age Group: 40 - 50
We had the very best holiday. There actually isn't anything that we would change. The itinery was well thought out, the truck was comfortable and the tented accomodation above what we anticipated with in terms of amenities and comfort.The various water falls we visited were truly beautiful. However, the real magic of this tour was the hard working tour guide, Rick.. He had the logistics sorted and each day ran smoothly and to plan. But his real gift is the combination of his natural story telling ability coupled with a deep knowledge and obvious affection for the place, its people and culture, especially the indigenous culture. His other gift was the deft way he handled the whole group with humour, patience and respect. Other people to note are the two other guides for various aspects, Dani who guided our boat on the Corroboree Billabong. - she is "of that place" and she was generous in sharing that with us. Likewise, indigenous Njanjma ranger guide Sebastians time with us on his country showing us the art of his ancestors was a great privilege and one we will forever remember.
Age Group: 52 - 64