No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Fancy an adventure? Take a long weekend break from the mainland and fly directly into Hobart for 4 days of nature-loving paradise. Explore the amazing East Coast of Tassie with a small group of soon-to-be friends and get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, even if it’s just for a little while!
4 Day East Coast Tasmania Tour
- Trip Styles: Budget
Take in Tasmania’s hot-spots on a budget as we journey along Tasmania’s spectacular East Coast before visits to the delightful Bruny Island and Port Arthur Historic Site.
An epic 4 day Tasmania Tour starting in Hobart and finishing back in Hobart. If you are short on time this tour is perfect for you!
You will explore some of Tasmania’s fabulous white sandy beaches with unusual rock formations, such as the Bay of Fires, Freycinet National Park, and Wineglass Bay.
On this 4 day Tasmania tour you will enjoy the knowledge and expertise of our incredible local guides whilst experiencing all that the East Coast of Tasmania has to offer.
Meet the endangered Tasmanian devils at a wildlife sanctuary, stay overnight in Bicheno, home to the little penguins and tick some things off your bucket list by traveling to the amazing Bruny Island and the World Heritage-listed Port Arthur. Bay of Fires is one of the must-sees in Tasmania, the orange hue of the rocks comes from lichens. A 50km stretch of coastline the Bay of Fires is known for pristine clear water named one of the world’s hottest travel destinations!
The perfect experience for those short on time in Tasmania, just a 4 day tour to take in the best bits!
Great East 4
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Bay of Fires the striking orange lichen-cloaked boulders.
- Look out for Tasmanian devils
- Head to Bicheno, the most relaxed seaside town.
- Freycinet National Park
- Wineglass Bay is the most stunning location in Tasmania.
- Visit Bruny Island home to fur seals, fairy penguins, albatross, and wedge-tailed eagles.
Essential things to pack
- Drink bottle
- Comfortable trail walking shoes
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)
- Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)
Important Booking Info
- In Tasmania, we wish to acknowledge the palawa and pakana as the Traditional custodians of the land and recognise their ongoing connection to land, waters, and culture. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
- This tour is Advanced eco-certified. Our tour aims for minimal impact, leave no trace principles. Accredited with Parks and Wildlife Tasmania and Accredited Tourism Business Australia, we hold Eco Certified Tourism Green Travel Leader and Advanced Ecotourism Accreditation Certification.
- We are also ROC (Respect Our Culture) Certified.
- All transport provided in our modern and economical turbo diesel vehicles.
- Where possible we use locally owned accommodation and eat in local establishments that source their produce close to home.
- Hostel Dorm style accommodation is based on same-gender dormitory rooms with shared same-gender bathrooms.
- Motel style accommodation is based on private Motel rooms or self-contained Cabins with private bathroom facilities. If booking a Twin or Double accommodation option, a minimum of 2 persons is required. We are unable to match up single travellers into a Twin-share option.
How much luggage can I bring?
You can bring up to 20kg of luggage to be stored in our trailer while traveling, we advise you to bring a day pack for access to day-to-day items.
Can I be dropped off at the airport?
If you have a flight out later than 7.30 pm, we can drop you directly at the airport on the last day of the tour.
What time does the tour start and end?
Pick up from Hobart CBD Hostels or Motels at approx 7:00AM on day 1. Drop off back in Hobart at approx 5:30PM on day 4.
How much spending money do I need to bring?
Please allow enough spending money for meals and drinks not included on the itinerary, as well as any souvenirs or extra’s you may want to purchase throughout the tour.
How active is this tour?
The hiking in Tasmania is world-class, and we’ve selected beautiful walking experiences for our guests (we include many of the 60-great-short-walks of Tasmania)
Some walks are guided, while others are unguided (free walking)
In many locations, there is a choice between an easier or more advanced option
Essentially, you can make this as active or as easy as you like; all walks are optional and range from 20 minutes up to 4 hours