No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
If you long to explore Tassie but don’t fancy a group tour, this is the one for you! Hire your own car and follow our road trip itinerary in Tasmania.
8 Day Self Drive Tasmania Package
- Trip Styles: Comfort
Tasmania’s 8 day road trip itinerary includes hotels and a suggested itinerary for your trip in Tasmania.
Our Tasmania 8 day self-drive itinerary has been expertly planned for you to experience the best of Tassie Take the guesswork out of your Tasmania road trip, as we arrange all your accommodation, recommend activities, and provide an itinerary to help you uncover the hidden gems and the local delights of the region.
Start your Tasmania visit in pretty Hobart. We include two nights for you to enjoy, where you could choose to stroll along the pretty Salamanca waterfront, visit the famous Museum of Old & New Art (MONA), or venture up to Mount Wellington to enjoy a stunning view over the surrounding landscape.
Then it’s time to hop in your rental car (own expense) and start to explore the ‘apple isle’. Drive north up the East coast of Tasmania to marvel at the scenic wonders of Freycinet National Park, home of Wineglass Bay. We include a night’s stay at Bicheno. So you can stop and enjoy the small town, where you might be lucky enough to spot the resident little penguins on the beachfront.
Before heading to Launceston make sure you visit the Bay of Fires. Time to delve into the foodie mecca of Launceston. We stay in the town center in Launceston so you can immerse yourself in this vibrant city of food and wine!
Now time to drive the wild west of Tasmania. You will have an overnight at Cradle Mountain Discovery Park where you can plan to take the 2-hour circuit walk around Dove Lake to enjoy dramatic views of Cradle Mountain.
We have included two nights to visit Strahan, the gateway to the UNESCO-listed Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. You could add on the optional boat tour of the Gordon River or just explore this fantastic region. It’s up to you!
This Tasmania 8 day self-drive itinerary includes seven nights of accommodation. You just need to hire the car and you’ll be on your way for an adventure around Tasmania.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
Add to Package ($1,050)
Add to Package ($135)
Add to Package ($140)
Total Price: $1,325Add All To Wishlist Browse Wishlist
- Tick off some of Tasmania’s most iconic sights
- Experience wild landscapes, bustling cities and more
- Discover the best of Hobart with 2 days at leisure
- Marvel at the outstanding natural beauty of Freycinet National Park
- Walk to Wineglass Bay, renowned for its white sand and turquoise waters
- Stay in Bicheno, famous for its little penguin colony and delicious seafood
- Visit the vibrant city of Launceston on the Tamar River, a foodie’s paradise
- Enjoy a full day in the iconic Cradle Mountain National Park
- Keep an eye out for wallabies along Dove Lake track in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Visit Strahan, gateway to World Heritage-listed Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers, National Park
- Enjoy the beautiful coastal town and surrounds of Strahan
- Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 11th of December 2023.
- This travel offer is priced for one person based on twin share.
Can I add Car hire?
Yes, lets us know if you would like to add car hire to your booking and we can arrange.
Just arrived home after a fabulous road trip around Tasmania. The accommodation that was organised it was excellent, top quality. The towns selected showed a good snippet of life in Tasmania. We went on the Freycinet kayaking adventure which was optional, and that was top-quality as well. This trip gave us a taste of Tassie, and because of the distances we had to drive, we could not do some of the recommendations. Perhaps next time! We were unaware of the windy and mountainous nature of some of the roads, and I think that should be pointed out to future customers. However it was a great adventure., and we saw and did so much. The meals provided at the grand chancellor in Hobart were wonderful as well. Thank you for a great holiday adventure.
Age Group: 65 - 75
0 people found this usefulthumb_up