No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
This is a huge day out on the stunning Tasmanian east coast. Wineglass Bay has been voted many times amongst the top beaches of the world. From the car park, Wineglass Bay lookout is a moderate 45 minute (1.5km) hike, one way. If you are a keen walker you have time to head down from the Wineglass Bay look out to the beach itself, a 2 and a half hour hike, well worth it!
1 Day Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Tour
- Brand: Budget
Wineglass Bay is nestled in the Freycinet National Park on the East Coast of Tasmania. Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the “World’s Top 10 beaches!” Join us for this action-packed huge day out exploring the very best of Tassie’s East Coast!
One of our most popular Tasmania day tours from Hobart is to Wineglass Bay. Visit Freycinet National Park, one of Tasmania’s finest.
As you leave Hobart to drive up the east coast marvel at the coastal area rich in stunning landscapes. As you enter Freycinet National part Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and walking trails. The Wineglass bay trail leads to a lookout that offers panoramic views over Wineglass Bay and the surrounding national park. Then it’s time to walk down to Wineglass Bay beach, the hike down is worth it for the reward to a pristine beach and refreshing ocean. What more could you want from your day tour from Hobart to wineglass bay. Total bliss! The hike back up can be a challenge but well worth it.
Visit Kate’s Berry Farm on the way back to Hobart for a well-deserved treat.
Our one-day Wineglass Bay tour from Hobart is the perfect adventure for you if you like walking and soaking up the most amazing views!
Wineglass Bay & Freycinet Day Tour
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Day Tour
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Freycinet National Park
- Wineglass Bay Lookout walk
- Honeymoon Bay
- Sleepy Bay lookout
- Cape Tourville Lighthouse & walk
- Freycinet Marine Farm
- Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
Essential things to pack
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle
- Snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure!
Important Booking Info
- Suitable for children over 8 years old.
- Our tours are designed as full active days of fast-paced travel, we are also at times exposed to the outdoor conditions of the day.
- On all tours, we offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up.
- We do not offer a pick up from residential addresses or from Air BnB accommodation.
- We operate small group Active Day Tours using Toyota Commuter and Toyota Coaster vehicles.
- We consider our tours to be active, visiting National Parks and wild areas focusing on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as ‘easy’, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- We educate all our guests on ‘Minimal Impact Bushwalking’ and the ‘Leave No Trace’ policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests about how to treat wildlife with patience and respect.
What time does the tour start?
All our tours are scheduled to depart the city at 7.30am. Our first pick up is normally at 7.00am. Your pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking depending on your hotel or hostel location.
Are any meals included?
We do not supply lunch, snacks or beverages on our tours, but we do stop along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste. This is usually a Bakery style stop in a regional town along the way to the main destination for the day. You will then be able to enjoy a lunch break during the tour day, usually somewhere scenic and suitable for a rest stop. However, if you prefer to bring your own snacks, please feel free to do so.
Can I be dropped off at the Airport?
We do offer a Hobart Airport drop-off at the end of this tour day as we pass the airport around 6.00pm. You need to arrange this with our friendly office staff at the time of making your booking.
How much luggage can I bring?
As we operate small group Active Day Tours, our tour vehicles are not equipped to handle excess luggage. On our Active Day Tours we expect that each traveller will have a day pack only to store your daily essentials such as drinks, jackets and sunscreen while on tour for the day. No other luggage is able to be carried on our day tours. If you are moving hotels or have onwards travels you will need to ensure this is stored for the day at your hotel/accommodation prior to boarding the tour bus. If you attend a tour with luggage without consultation with our Reservations Team prior to travel, you may be refused entry to the tour vehicle