No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
The Hammer adventure on the Whitsundays is our most popular 3 day 2 night boat trip here at Real Aussie Adventures. We get booked well in advance so get in quick to secure your spot.
3 day / 2 night Maxi Sailing on Hammer
- Trip Styles: Budget
- Price From: $650
Sail on a yacht that has been a successful racing yacht on the Queensland coast. This yacht is a little different in that it has a lot more twin and double accommodation. perfect for couples or people travelling together.
Experience an impressive 3 day 2 night Maxi Sailing Adventure around the Whitsunday Islands which are designed for 18 – 35s and young at heart travelers.
These tours are designed for you if you want to visit Whitehaven Beach and go snorkelling on the fringing coral reefs which extend right from the edge of the islands. Yachts offer spacious decks with plenty of room to relax. A true Maxi was designed and built purely as a racing machine Hammer has had an eventful and successful race career, winning the Brisbane to Gladstone race 4 times. With a maximum of 22 guests, there’s room for everyone with mainly share accommodation.
Sailing on a Maxi yacht combines size and power with the thrill of speed. The Maxi yacht Hammer makes for an unforgettable overnight sailing experience.
The Maxi adventure allows you to try your hand at sailing, you can take the wheel, hoist the sails and grind the winches on some of the most famous yachts in racing history. All while soaking up the stunning surroundings of the Whitsunday Islands.
Enjoy an overnight sailing adventure whilst in Australia!
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Experience real adventure sailing
- Spend up to 5 hours at Whitehaven Beach & visit Hill Inlet Lookout
- Visit up to 4 snorkelling locations to check out the magnificent fringing reef around the Islands (all part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park)
- Enjoy bush-walks and hikes (with lookouts and stunning views)
- Get involved in the sailing! (or just sit back and relax)
- Enjoy standout delicious meals made by the crew who are fun, experienced and welcome you into the Prosail family.
- Extra comforts like rain & sun shades, hot showers, USB charging stations, thicker snorkel/swimming suits in the cooler months
- One of the most sustainable and environmentally friendly ways to explore the Whitsunday Islands!
Essential things to pack
- Hat & sunscreen
- Motion sickness tablets
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Insect repellent
Important Booking Info
- Check in by 7.00pm the day prior to departure at Shop 1, 4 Airlie Esplanade, Airlie Beach
- ^ It is recommended that the double bunk fare is only booked by two people travelling together as otherwise, pax will have to share the double bunk with another passenger.
- Passengers can bring their own alcohol as this vessel is not licensed. Please, no glass bottles or red wine.
- The boat departs and returns to Abell Point Marina
- Surcharge of $40 applies 24-26 Dec – paid locally.
Can I BYO on the boat?
This is a BYO vessel, this means you are able to bring your own alcohol onto the tour (no glass please). Filtered drinking water is included throughout your tour, you are welcome to bring a bottle and fill it as much as you like, however for your convenience soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase on board. The crew will keep a tab and you can pay at the end of your tour.
Do I have to be a good Swimmer?
Don’t worry, we supply swimming noodles and additional floatation as required. We will do a risk assessment on every guest before entering the water. While in the water the small tender will be relatively close by. We also have staff on look-out duty. In the Whitsundays, the reefs we visit are off the beaches, so it is pretty easy to make way to the beach.