No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Become a fully qualified PADI Open Water diver and experience the magic of the Great Barrier Reef. Is there a better place to learn to dive? The adventure of learning to dive as well as staying out on the reef for 2 days and 2 nights on one of our premium live aboard vessels is quite unique. The Cairns diving training facilities are under one roof, which is one of the many reasons we have got the PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre status and PADI 5 Star Career Development status – one of the highest ratings awarded to any Dive Store as recognition of continued Diver training excellence.
5 Day PADI Open Water Dive Course
- Trip Styles: Comfort
- Price From: $1100
This tour is currently taking a break from operation and will be back in 2022
No better way to learn to dive than on the Great Barrier Reef near Cairns with this course that mixes pool and open water experience. 2 days of classroom and pool training, then a 3 day 2 night, 9 dives, liveaboard dive trip on the Great Barrier Reef. Become certified as a PADI Open Water Diver and also get 5 additional ‘Fun Dives’, including a guided night dive.
There is no better place to Learn to Dive than Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
If you are thinking about taking the plunge our 5 day PADI “Open Water” dive course is by far the most popular way to do it. The adventure of learning to dive as well as staying out on the reef for 3 days and 2 nights on one of our premium live aboard vessels is quite unique.
The Cairns diving training facilities are under one roof, which is one of the many reasons we have got the PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre status and PADI 5 Star Career Development status – one of the highest ratings awarded to any Dive Store as recognition of continued Diver training excellence. All our day trip dive and snorkel sites are on The Great Barrier Reef’s Outer Reefs. These reefs (Norman, Saxon, and Hastings) are all part of the larger Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, but also benefit from healthier waters, no freshwater runoff, strict access, and more of the typical tropical reef critters we all have come to love!
Deep Sea Divers Den’s friendly, personalized service, combined with the warm tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef, are the perfect combination for one of the very best PADI Open Water courses available
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
Essential things to pack
- Swimming gear
- c-cards and log books for certified divers
Important Booking Info
- Price includes – EMC, Port Authority & fuel levy and $20 per person per day (subject to change without notice). Payable on day of travel only.
- If you are enrolling in an entry-level recreational diving certificate you must, prior to commencing the training, complete and submit a self assessed medical declaration form: Medical Declaration for Entry-Level Certificate Divers. If it has been identified on the stated document that you: (a) have or have had any of the medical conditions mentioned in the medical declaration; or (b) are over 45 years old; or(c) have a body mass index over 30 AND a waist circumference greater than 102 cm for males and 88 cm for females; then the person must provide an English language dive medical certificate from a doctor, certifying that the person is medically fit to dive.
- All persons undertaking training for an entry level recreational diving certificate must be at least a minimum of 12 years of age. If the diver is under the age of 18 years, parental or guardian consent should be obtained for the diver to undertake training for an entry-level recreational diving certificate.
- Ability to pass a 200m swim, and 10min treading water test.