No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
This is an idyllic day out from Launceston all the way to the world-famous Wineglass Bay in Freycinet National Park. A true must-visit on your Tasmanian adventure!
1 Day Wineglass Bay Tour from Launceston
- Brand: Budget
Travel with us on this big day out to visit one of the world’s top 10 beaches. Wineglass Bay. Start in Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring the delights and highlights of the East Coast.
Spend a full day awakening your senses in the beautiful Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park on this guided tour from Launceston.
Start the day in Launceston stopping at Cambell Bay and Great Oyster Bay before arriving at Freycinet National Park- home to the world-famous Wineglass Bay.
Explore Cambell Bay and the Great Oyster Bay, home to a replica of Captain Cook’s HMS Endeavour, before stopping at Freycinet National Park- a UNESCO World Heritage site for its natural beauty. Wineglass Bay is one of Freycinet’s most famous features and spectacular cliffs make for a great vantage point to view the bay from above.
A bay of white sandy beaches, a crescent of sand. Hike up to the lookout point at Wineglass Bay to marvel at the crystal clear below. This walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout point is steep but not too long and very manageable whatever your fitness level. If you are feeling more adventurous take the Bay Beach Walk, the hike down to Wineglass Bay, and feel the sand between your toes. It’s a long and steep walk back up but well worth it.
Featuring a personalized itinerary, a knowledgeable and passionate tour guide, and stunning, unforgettable views of this famous area, this is an ideal option if you’re eager for adventure on a one-day tour from Launceston.
An excellent tour from Launceston to Wineglass Bay.
Wineglass Bay Explorer Launceston Active Day Tour
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout walk
- Wineglass Bay Beach Walk (longer walking option)
- Cape Tourville Lighthouse and walk
- Honeymoon Bay
- Great Oyster Bay Lookout
- Local oysters, ice-creams & scallop pies!
- Historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
Essential things to pack
- Sensible shoes for walking.
- A variety of warm and weatherproof clothing.
- Hat & Sunscreen Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day).
- Sense of adventure
Important Booking Info
- Suitable for children over 8 years old.
- Our tours are designed as full active days of fast-paced travel, we are also at times exposed to the outdoor conditions of the day.
- On all tours, we offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up.
- We do not offer a pick up from residential addresses or from Air BnB accommodation.
- We operate small group Active Day Tours using Toyota Commuter and Toyota Coaster vehicles. These seat maximum passengers of 13 or 20 respectively.
- We consider our tours to be active, visiting National Parks and wild areas focusing on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as ‘easy’, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- We educate all our guests on ‘Minimal Impact Bushwalking’ and the ‘Leave No Trace’ policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests about how to treat wildlife with patience and respect.
What time does the tour start?
All our tours are scheduled to depart the city at 7.30am. Our first pick up is normally at 7.00am. Your pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking depending on your hotel or hostel location.
Are any meals included?
We do not supply lunch, snacks or beverages on our tours, but we do stop along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste. This is usually a Bakery style stop in a regional town along the way to the main destination for the day. You will then be able to enjoy a lunch break during the tour day, usually somewhere scenic and suitable for a rest stop. However, if you prefer to bring your own snacks, please feel free to do so.
How much luggage can I bring?
As we operate small group Active Day Tours, our tour vehicles are not equipped to handle excess luggage. On our Active Day Tours we expect that each traveller will have a day pack only to store your daily essentials such as drinks, jackets and sunscreen while on tour for the day. No other luggage is able to be carried on our day tours. If you are moving hotels or have onwards travels you will need to ensure this is stored for the day at your hotel/accommodation prior to boarding the tour bus. If you attend a tour with luggage without consultation with our Reservations Team prior to travel, you may be refused entry to the tour vehicle.