No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Got a spare day in Hobart before you go on tour? Get out of Hobart for the day and visit some of the amazing scenery and wildlife around the area and get up close and personal to the iconic Tassie Devils!
1 Day Mt Field, Mt Wellington and Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Trip Styles: Budget
This tour starts and finishes in Hobart and allows you to visit Mt Field National Park, Mt Wellington an Bonorong Wildlife Park. It’s a beautiful area outside of Hobart with a lot of history, walks and wildlife. Soak up the wilderness and mountain air as you explore the national park.
Mount Fields National Park is home to the famous Russell Falls. Walk through this beautiful park and see that cascading waters of this wonderful site. Soak up the wilderness and mountain air as you explore the national park. Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park and get up close with the Native Wildlife. See a Tasmanian Devil Feeding, pat wombats and enjoy a guided tour of the park. Finally, head to the top of Mt Wellington, the backdrop of Hobart standing at 1271 meters tall provides amazing views from its peak.
Mt Field, Mt Wellington and Tassie Devils Active day tour
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Russell Falls
- Lake Dobson
- Mt Field
- Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Mt Wellington
Essential things to pack
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
Important Booking Info
- Suitable for children over 8 years old.
- Our tours are designed as full active days of fast-paced travel, we are also at times exposed to the outdoor conditions of the day.
- On all tours, we offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up.
- We do not offer a pick up from residential addresses or from Air BnB accommodation.
- We operate small group Active Day Tours using Toyota Commuter and Toyota Coaster vehicles. These seat maximum passengers of 13 or 20 respectively.
- We consider our tours to be active, visiting National Parks and wild areas focusing on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as ‘easy’, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- We educate all our guests on ‘Minimal Impact Bushwalking’ and the ‘Leave No Trace’ policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests about how to treat wildlife with patience and respect.
What time does the tour start?
All our tours are scheduled to depart the city at 7.30am. Our first pick up is normally at 7.00am. Your pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking depending on your hotel or hostel location.
Are any meals included?
We do not supply lunch, snacks or beverages on our tours, but we do stop along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste. This is usually a Bakery style stop in a regional town along the way to the main destination for the day. You will then be able to enjoy a lunch break during the tour day, usually somewhere scenic and suitable for a rest stop. However, if you prefer to bring your own snacks, please feel free to do so.
Can I be dropped off at the Airport?
We do offer a Hobart Airport drop-off at the end of this tour day as we pass the airport around 6.00pm. You need to arrange this with our friendly office staff at the time of making your booking.
How much luggage can I bring?
As we operate small group Active Day Tours, our tour vehicles are not equipped to handle excess luggage. On our Active Day Tours we expect that each traveller will have a day pack only to store your daily essentials such as drinks, jackets and sunscreen while on tour for the day. No other luggage is able to be carried on our day tours. If you are moving hotels or have onwards travels you will need to ensure this is stored for the day at your hotel/accommodation prior to boarding the tour bus. If you attend a tour with luggage without consultation with our Reservations Team prior to travel, you may be refused entry to the tour vehicle.