No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Got a spare day in Hobart before you go on tour? Get out of Hobart for the day and visit some of the amazing scenery and wildlife around the area and get up close and personal to the iconic Tassie Devils!
1 Day Mt Field and Mt Wellington Wildlife Park Tour
- Trip Styles: Budget
This tour starts and finishes in Hobart and allows you to visit Mt Field National Park, Mt Wellington an Bonorong Wildlife Park. It’s a beautiful area outside of Hobart with a lot of history, walks and wildlife. Soak up the wilderness and mountain air as you explore the national park.
Nature’s Wonderland Awaits! Discover Tasmania’s Unique Beauty in One Day on our Hobart to Mount Field National Park tour.
Venture into a paradise of untamed wilderness, cascading waterfalls, lush rainforests, and captivating wildlife on our unforgettable 1 Day Mt. Field, Bonorong & kunanyi/Mt. Wellington Tour. Designed for nature enthusiasts with limited time, this journey encapsulates Tasmania’s natural wonders in a single day.
Mt. Field National Park Exploration: A mere 1.5-hour drive from Hobart, Mt. Field National Park beckons with its timeless allure. Wander through one of Tasmania’s oldest National Parks, famed for its iconic Russell Falls and the Tall Trees track. Embark on the Three Falls Circuit and Tall Trees Walk, a 6-kilometer loop that takes you through the lower rainforest section of the park. Marvel at the awe-inspiring Russell Falls, Horseshoe Falls, and Lady Barron Falls, while the Tall Trees Track reveals the world’s tallest flowering plant, the towering Swamp Gums.
Wildlife Encounters at Bonorong Wildlife Park: Immerse yourself in the wonders of Bonorong Wildlife Park, a haven for rescued wildlife. Witness Tasmanian Devils up close, feed friendly wallabies, and interact with local favorites. Enjoy an informative wildlife tour conducted by the expert staff at Bonoron.
Summiting kunanyi/Mt. Wellington: Ascend to the summit of kunanyi/Mt. Wellington, soaring 1271 meters above Hobart. Marvel at the panoramic views across Southern Tasmania, a breathtaking culmination to your day of exploration.
Your All-Inclusive Experience: We’ve got you covered with National Park and Wildlife Park entrance fees. Our professional guides ensure an enlightening journey as they lead you through captivating interpretive walks. In small, friendly groups, you’ll feel connected to Tasmania’s beauty and its stories.
Join Us: Let Tasmania’s charm envelop you in a single day. Experience rainforests, waterfalls, wildlife, and scenic beauty like never before. Your journey begins and ends in central Hobart, ensuring your convenience.
Book now for an immersive encounter with Tasmania’s natural wonders that will leave you in awe!
1. How many are travelling?
2. Select a date
3. Looks awesome!!! Book it!
Mt Field, Mt Wellington and Tassie Devils Active day tour
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Explore Mt. Field National Park
- Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls
- Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
- Be amazed by the Giants above on the Tall Trees Track
- Complete the Three Falls Circuit via Lady Barron Falls
- Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Informative wildlife tour with Bonorong staff
- Hand feed the wallabies
- Stand atop kunanyi/Mt. Wellington 1271m for amazing views across Southern Tasmania
Essential things to pack
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
Important Booking Info
- Suitable for children over 8 years old.
- Our tours are designed as full active days of fast-paced travel, we are also at times exposed to the outdoor conditions of the day.
- On all tours, we offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up.
- We do not offer a pick up from residential addresses or from Air BnB accommodation.
- We operate small group Active Day Tours using Toyota Commuter and Toyota Coaster vehicles. These seat maximum passengers of 13 or 20 respectively.
- We consider our tours to be active, visiting National Parks and wild areas focusing on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as ‘easy’, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- We educate all our guests on ‘Minimal Impact Bushwalking’ and the ‘Leave No Trace’ policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests about how to treat wildlife with patience and respect.
What time does the tour start?
All our tours are scheduled to depart the city at 7.30am. Our first pick up is normally at 7.00am. Your pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking depending on your hotel or hostel location.
Are any meals included?
We do not supply lunch, snacks or beverages on our tours, but we do stop along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste. This is usually a Bakery style stop in a regional town along the way to the main destination for the day. You will then be able to enjoy a lunch break during the tour day, usually somewhere scenic and suitable for a rest stop. However, if you prefer to bring your own snacks, please feel free to do so.
How much luggage can I bring?
As we operate small group Active Day Tours, our tour vehicles are not equipped to handle excess luggage. On our Active Day Tours we expect that each traveller will have a day pack only to store your daily essentials such as drinks, jackets and sunscreen while on tour for the day. No other luggage is able to be carried on our day tours. If you are moving hotels or have onwards travels you will need to ensure this is stored for the day at your hotel/accommodation prior to boarding the tour bus. If you attend a tour with luggage without consultation with our Reservations Team prior to travel, you may be refused entry to the tour vehicle.
Can i do this tour?
Our tours are active and visit National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. We focus on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential. All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
We educate all our guests on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimise negative impacts.