No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
3 Day K’Gari Getaway from Hervey Bay
- Trip Styles: Comfort
Spend 3 days over on Fraser Island resort stay and 2 days fully guided tour of K’Gari.
Our most popular 3-day Fraser Island tour from Hervey Bay. Experience both coasts of the world’s largest sand island, K’Gari. Visit the most iconic locations of Lake McKenzie, Champagne Pools and the Maheno Shipwreck.
Fully guided, sleep at both Kingfisher Bay Resort and K’Gari Beach Resort on the island plus explore Fraser Island with our expert local guide.
Start in Hervey Bay take the ferry over to K’Gari and return to Hervey Bay after your adventure.
Sleep the first night at Kingfisher Bay resort, enjoying the pool and facilities. A perfect place to watch the sunset on Fraser Island.
Day 2 on tour you will spend exploring the island on our large custom-built bus, with windows so big you feel immersed in the nature of Fraser Island. Night 2 you will sleep at K’ Gari Beach Resort with breakfast the next morning at McKenzie’s on 75 restaurant. Day 3 sees another day of touring Fraser Island before taking the ferry back over to Hervey Bay.
Expect to see so much diverse wildlife on K’gari with birds of prey, and whales (July to October) Keep an eye out for K’gari’s most famous resident – our pure-bred dingoes!
The perfect Fraser Island tour for 3 days with plenty of relaxation, some adventure, and a small group experience.
3 Day Fraser Explorer K'Gari Getaway ex Hervey Bay
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
- Lake McKenzie – Fraser Island’s most iconic swimming spot – relax along the pristine white silica shore and immerse yourself in the crystal-clear fresh water.
- Central Station – admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest boardwalk.
- Pile Valley – wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old Satinay trees and towering palms.
- 75 Mile Beach – cruise Fraser Island’s beach highway and join Air Fraser for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
- Eli Creek – wade through the shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
- Maheno Shipwreck – visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer’s paradise!
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed.
- Indian Head – as the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles and rays are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
- Champagne Pools – experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic rock pools along the shore.
- Lake Wabby – trek across Hammerstone Sandblow with your expert guide and be rewarded with a dip in this emerald-green freshwater oasis.
Essential things to pack
- Walking shoes/boots
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Lake Wabby is a 4km return walk through bushland and across soft sands – a moderate fitness level is required.
- Self-Driving: Check-in at our Mainland Reception in River Heads. After arriving at this location, a courtesy coach will provide transport to the ferry departure point, and you will arrive directly at Kingfisher Bay Resort.
- Once on island, you can enjoy a range of resort facilities and check in to your hotel room (after 2.00pm). All checked-in bags will be delivered to your hotel room through the resort’s porter service.
- Price is per person but must be booked with 2 Passengers.
I enjoyed the trip so much I am considering doing it again mainly to because I was sick and couldn’t experience it without feeling faint. The tour guide Hannah was so supportive and interesting. I got to see a brown snake and loads of dingos. The landscape was fantastic I can’t wait to see more. This is a five star review don’t miss out on good service and enjoyable scenery.
Age Group: 20 - 20
0 people found this usefulthumb_up