No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
The tropical summer from November to April is when the Top End truly comes alive. It’s when the waterfalls are at their fullest and most majestic, the wetlands transform in a blaze of colour, and millions of migratory birds return to nest in its national parks.
5 Day Top End Tropical Tour
- Trip Styles: Comfort
Currently taking a break
Swim in the clear rock holes and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park, explore Kakadu National Park by small group 4 x 4 and by air, get up close and personal with a crocodile on the famous Yellow Waters Cruise and hike your way through the rugged terrain to majestic waterfalls. Travel to Nitmiluk National Park (Katherine Gorge) where you will cruise the gorges.
Spend your nights in air-conditioned comfort in Kakadu and Katherine.
Departing from Darwin, you’ll experience three of the region’s most iconic national parks: Kakadu, Litchfield and Nitmiluk, plus a whole lot more. Impressive gorges carved from ancient sandstone; billabongs home to crocodiles, buffalo and a variety of other wildlife; and clear thermal pools that invite you to dive right in… every moment feels like a nature documentary brought to life. As a special highlight, you’ll also get to soar across the wonder that is Kakadu on a 60-minute scenic flight. Plus, learn about the indigenous culture of the region on a Nit Nit Dreaming cruise of Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge, stop at beautiful Edith Falls for a refreshing dip in its cool waters, marvel at 20,000 year old rock art and enjoy stunning views across the floodplains from Ubirr Rock – and more.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
- Visit 3 of the Top End’s most iconic national parks: Kakadu, Litchfield and Nitmiluk
- Spend your nights in air-conditioned comfort in Kakadu and Katherine
- Explore the glorious waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Swim in the clear tropical pools of Mataranka Thermal Springs
- Soar above Kakadu National Park on a scenic flight
- Visit the Bowali Visitor Centre, which highlights the landscape and wildlife of Kakadu
- Spot crocodiles on the famous Yellow Waters Cruise
- Hike your way through the rugged terrain to majestic waterfalls
- Enjoy 2 hour Nit Nit Dreaming Nitmiluk Cruise
- Stop at Edith Falls, one of the NT’s most stunning waterfalls and swimming areas
- Torch/ flashlight
- Wide brimmed hat
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots
- Sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own)
- Swim wear
- Comfortable and casual clothing for 4 days
- Safari is not suitable for children under 5 years of age
How much luggage can I bring?
Luggage is restricted to approx. 10kg per person in a soft bag or backpack. Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft bag or backpack.