No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Join our whistlestop tour of the Kimberley in 2023 from Broome.
6 Day West Kimberley Tour
- Trip Styles: Comfort
Escape the fray on this outback adventure into the rugged western Kimberley gorge country. This retreat from the world offers swimming in waterfalls, wildlife spotting, trekking to gorges, campfire tales, stargazing and more. Take this chance to retreat from the crowds, reconnect with nature and get back to the basic joys of outdoor life.
Tour Style on this Kimberley expedition is perfect for those seeking to experience the real Kimberley in depth.
Come visit Kimberley in 2023 on our adventure tour from Broome to Broome.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
$1,845Add to Package ($1,845)
Add to Package ($4,095)
Total Price: $5,940Add All To Wishlist Browse Wishlist
What To Bring
- Gibb River Road,
- Derby Prison Tree,
- Windjana Gorge,
- Tunnel Creek,
- Bell Gorge,
- Galvans Gorge,
- Manning Falls,
- Adcock Gorge,
- Geikie Gorge
- A pair of shoes/sandals that you don’t mind getting wet – and we mean fully immersed in water. Ideally, wet shoes or sandals.
- A torch (ideally a head torch)
- A broad-brimmed hat with sun visor for all round protection
- Swimming costume and towel
- Bath towel
- Walking/trekking shoes
- Personal water bottle (ideally 1.5L capacity)
- Small day pack
- Personal toiletries
- Masks & R.A.T. Tests
- Insect repellent & sunscreen
- Long-sleeved cotton shirt (sun protection) and loose-fitting pants (warmth and insect protection for evenings)
- Warm jumper (particularly in May-Aug)
- Sleeping Bag *Note: 10ºC sleeping bags are available for sale at $50pp – must be requested prior to travel and can be kept following your trip or donated to indigenous communities.
- Note: Maximum bag weight limit is 15kg – no suitcases
- It is important that travellers participate in setting up camp each night, though the guide can assist where necessary. Kimberley Wild guides also appreciate the assistance or one or two group members in preparing/clearing meals. It is essential that all our groups leave the camps they stay in as they found them for the next travellers.
- Are you over 70 years old? Due to the remote location and challenging nature of our extended camping tours it is essential for older travellers to review and sign our Medical Form to ensure you can participate fully in the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- This itinerary involves some clambering over rocks, wading in water by torchlight, walking on rocky creek beds and ascending/descending into gorges. A reasonable level of fitness and being sure on your feet is necessary to participate.
Where will I stay on tour?
Nights 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Camping involves dome tents single/twinshare), swags with fitted sheets & pillows with pillow cases. On site ablutions have hot showers and flush toilets.
What vehicle will we be in on tour?
We operate our 4WD Kimberley Expeditions in custom-built, 21-seat 4WD trucks with a PA system and built-in storage (no risky trailers!). These comfortable, strong remote area vehicles allow our small groups extra space (including standing room), are fully air-conditioned, and fitted with adjustable air-vents, reclinable seats, map pockets and footrests. It is important that when booking a 4WD outback adventure in the Kimberley, you understand that the roads we travel on can be heavily corrugated. Rest assured, these are the conditions for which our 4WD trucks are designed.
What luggage can I bring?
Due to limited space in the vehicles, it is important that your luggage is in a small, soft bag (suitcases are not suitable) and weighs a maximum of 15kg. You are welcome to store any excess luggage at your accommodation in Broome, to be collected on your return.