No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Suitable for seasoned pro’s or casual cyclers, this descent from Mt Wellington to Hobart is an awesome way to explore Tassie’s capital city and surrounding landscape!
Mount Wellington Descent Cycle Tour
- Brand: Budget
Experience Tasmania’s ultimate downhill bicycle ride as you go from summit to sea on the Mount Wellington descent.
Tasmania’s ultimate downhill bicycle ride cycle down Mount Wellington. From the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart’s scenic waterfront, this half-day experience is the ultimate bike riding adventure.
Do you fancy swapping walk for wheels? The Mount Wellington descent is a thrilling experience with minimal effort and maximum views! The ultimate bike-riding adventure in the heart of Tasmania’s Capital!
The perfect way to visit Mount Wellington on tour.
Mount Wellington Descent
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit
- The Springs
- Off road section (optional)
- Cascade Gardens
- Battery Point and Salamanca
Essential things to pack
- Drink bottle
- Comfortable closed toe shoes
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)
- Gloves for warmth are essential
Important Booking Info
- In Tasmania, we wish to acknowledge the palawa and pakana as the Traditional custodians of the land and recognise their ongoing connection to land, waters, and culture. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
- This tour is Advanced eco-certified. Our tour aims for minimal impact, leave no trace principles. Accredited with Parks and Wildlife Tasmania and Accredited Tourism Business Australia, we hold Eco Certified Tourism Green Travel Leader and Advanced Ecotourism Accreditation Certification.
- We are also ROC (Respect Our Culture) Certified.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn.
- Warm, suitable clothing, including gloves is essential as mountain temperatures can be very cold at times.
- This tour is suitable for anyone who can confidently ride a bike and meets safety requirements of a minimum height of 150cm and maximum weight of 120kg.
- Activity indemnity waiver form must be completed prior to departure for the trip. Children under 18 must have their form signed by a parent/guardian.
- All transport provided in our modern and economical turbo diesel vehicles.
- Where possible we use locally owned accommodation and eat in local establishments that source their produce close to home.
Where does the tour depart from?
The Mt Wellington Descent Cycle Tour Departs from 4 Elizabeth Street, Hobart just opposite the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre. Please be there 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
How long does the tour take?
Approximately 3 hours.
Can I bring a bag?
All personal effects such as bags, handbags, cameras etc can be left in the support vehicle that follows the group whilst cycling.