No products in the cart.
The ultimate guide to Greyhound Bus Pass on the East Coast of Australia
With the assistance of the expert team at Real Aussie Adventures, you’ve planned an incredible journey through Australia – how exciting!
But now you may be thinking, Australia is quite vast and you want to find a cost-effective way to get around. Fortunately, there are several options to choose from such as taking cheap domestic flights, purchasing or renting a car/campervan, using ridesharing services, or experiencing the true Aussie way by taking a bus.
I personally decided to go with the most popular and social option of taking a bus, specifically using Greyhound’s hop-on hop-off pass. This pass allows you to travel in one direction and hop off at any point along the way as often as you wish. The buses run several times a day and make it incredibly convenient to get to your destination. Not only will you get to your destination, but you’ll also have a comfortable journey with amenities such as reclining leather seats, USB ports, wifi, air conditioning, on-board toilets and regular stops at service stations for food. I had an amazing time taking the Greyhound bus from Cairns to Sydney, a journey of 3,300km, using the hop-on hop-off pass.
“Book your Greyhound Pass before you arrive in Australia. „
Real Adventure Group
The Greyhound Whimit Pass
The Greyhound Whimit Pass is a flexible bus pass offered by Greyhound Australia that allows you to travel on their network of routes throughout the country. With this pass, you can travel in any direction and hop on and off as many times as you like within a certain timeframe.
One of the key features of the Whimit Pass is the flexibility it offers. You can choose between different pass options with varying durations, such as a 30-day pass or a 60-day pass, depending on your travel plans. The pass is also valid on all Greyhound bus services, so you can travel to major cities, regional centers and remote destinations.
Another advantage of the Whimit Pass is the cost savings it offers. With a Whimit Pass, you are able to travel more for less. It is generally more cost-effective than buying individual tickets for each journey.
When you purchase a Whimit Pass, you will be given a pass card that you will need to present to the bus driver when boarding the bus. You will also need to make a reservation for each journey, which can be done online or by phone.
The Whimit Pass also includes some additional benefits, such as free Wi-Fi on board, reclining leather seats and USB charging ports, as well as regular stops at service stations where you can buy food and drinks.
Please note that the Whimit Pass is not valid on certain other services. Also, the pass is not transferable and can only be used by the person whose name is on the pass.
Book the pass here
How to choose your Greyhound Bus Pass.
When it comes to choosing a bus pass, there are several options to consider based on your travel itinerary and desired destinations. Here are a few popular pass options to consider:
- The Cairns to Sydney pass is the most popular choice, and is ideal for those who want to experience the full east coast of Australia and have at least 3 weeks of travel time.
- The Cairns to Brisbane pass is a great option for those who have less time but still want to see the top hotspots, such as Fraser Island, the Whitsundays, and the Great Barrier Reef. Additionally, this pass also includes an add-on option to visit Byron Bay.
- The Cairns to Melbourne pass is the ultimate option for those who have the maximum amount of time and want to travel the entire east coast all the way to Melbourne. This pass is cost-effective compared to flying.
- For even more flexibility, consider a hop-on hop-off pass which allows travel in any direction on any route and a larger maximum of travel days.
- When choosing a pass, it’s important to think about your travel plans and how much time you have available. It’s always a good idea to compare the cost of a pass to the cost of individual tickets to see if a pass will save you money.
- Additionally, make sure you read the terms and conditions of the pass before purchasing to ensure that it fits your travel needs.
The Greyhound Whimit Pass is the ultimate travel pass for exploring the beautiful coast of Australia. With this pass, you can hop on and off the bus as many times as you want, and travel in any direction on any route, all within a specified timeframe. Whether you’re traveling solo, with a group of friends, or without a driver’s license, the Whimit pass is perfect for seeing all the major hotspots on the East Coast.
The Whimit pass offers a variety of options to suit any time frame, whether you have a few days or several weeks to explore. This flexibility makes it perfect for solo travelers, groups of friends, or anyone who wants to see as much of the East Coast as possible without the hassle of driving. Plus, with the hop-on hop-off feature, you can easily customize your itinerary and make the most of your time.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Whimit pass, keep reading. We’ll cover everything you need to know, from the benefits of the pass to how to choose the right one for your trip.
So, what is the Whimit Pass?
In the past, Greyhound only offered hop-on hop-off passes from destination to destination. You picked a route and stayed on that route. But now, with the Whimit pass, you have the freedom to travel in any direction on any route, with a larger maximum of travel days. This makes it the perfect option for any time frame of travel.
In summary, the Greyhound Whimit Pass is an excellent option for those looking to explore the East Coast of Australia.
With the flexibility to hop on and off as much as you like, travel in any direction, and choose a pass that fits your travel time frame, it is perfect for solo travellers, groups of friends and anyone who wants to see as much of the East Coast as possible.
Real Aussie Recommendations
- Unlimited travel: any direction of travel back and forth along Australia’s East Coast, with 68 stops between Melbourne and Cairns to explore for as many days as your chosen pass allows.