No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Hop on our 4WD tour with our small group and expert guides to The Kimberley a wild and rugged frontier. The adventure of a lifetime awaits!
10 Day Darwin to Broome Kimberley Adventure Tour
- Trip Styles: Budget
- Price From: $4495
This tour will be back in May 2022- Book early to avoid disappointment.
Our Darwin to Broome 4WD camping Kimberley tour takes in the must-see highlights in the most remote and beautiful part of Australia. Visit Lake Argyle, Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge, Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Range) and El Questro Station.
A playground of waterfalls hikes, nature, and adventure the Kimberley is world-renowned.
This trip requires a high level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. But every step is worth it for the wonder you will experience over 10 days.
We get you off the beaten track and onto the Gibb River Road for true outback excellence in the company of like-minded travelers and an incredibly knowledgeable guide.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Bandilngan (Windjana Gorge) and Tunnel Creek
- El Questro Station
- Manning Gorge
- Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Range)
- Walk into Emma Gorge
- Two nights at Lake Argyle
- Top Didj cultural experience
Essential things to pack
- Head torch is necessary
- Wide brimmed hat
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots plus water/reef shoes for Tunnel Creek and other swimming holes
- Sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own)
- Swim wear
- Comfortable and casual clothing for ten days
- Soft bag or backpack (maximum 15kg) plus a small day pack for inside the vehicle (max 10kg)
- You may also wish to bring a power bank to charge your mobile phone
Important Booking Info
- Safari is not suitable for children under 16 years of age.
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Cancellation Policy for the Kimberley (due to COVID-19*)
- Cancellation 60 days or longer before travel date; 75% of funds to be immediately refunded. 25% of monies to be used as a credit for future travel. Note that these funds will be able to be used on travel to any destination with Real Aussie Adventures, not just the Kimberley. Cancellation within 60 days from departure; 100% of funds to be used as a credit for future travel. Note that these funds will be able to be used on travel to any destination with Real Aussie Adventures, not just the Kimberley. *Clients must provide proof that they have had to cancel due to a COVID-19 factor that was beyond their control.
- Standard Cancellation Policy • 90 – 59 days from departure; 20% cancellation fee • 60 – 31 days from departure; 50% cancellation fees • 30 – 14 days of departure; 90% cancellation fees • 13 days or less before.
How much luggage can I take on tour?
Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft bag/backpack (maximum 15kg).
Can I buy drinks and snacks on tour?
A supply of alcoholic beverages (if wanted) must be brought with you. There are very few opportunities to buy alcohol on tour (only approximately three days out of 10), therefore please stock up in Darwin. NOTE: cans only – no glass. You should also bring a personal supply of lollies/snacks as these are hard to get while on tour.
Do I have to set up camp?
The tour camps in remote areas with basic facilities (showers are available each night except one). All equipment for camping is carried in the vehicle and set up and packed away by the tour group each day. This tour is participatory, and you may be required to assist the guide and host with meal preparation, dish-washing, wood collection and other tasks as requested.
Can I wash my clothes on tour?
Laundry facilities are available at both Lake Argyle and El Questro. To save a few dollars you may want to bring your own laundry powder.
How fit do I need to be to do this tour?
A good level of fitness is required as you will hike, swim, climb and scramble for several kilometres at a time over uneven surfaces, often in high temperatures.
Travel is very remote and medical attention can be hours away. Please advise of any fitness and/or medical concerns when booking to establish your suitability.
Over 70 we ask you to complete a medical assessment form.
What will I eat on tour?
The tour menu is designed for meat eaters and vegetarians. If you have any special dietary needs or allergies, please advise at time of booking as it may be necessary for you to provide/supplement your own food.
As this safari operates in a very remote region of Australia certain foods may not be available and therefore it may not be possible to accommodate all dietary requests. At times, produce and products may be substituted as supply dictates and we cannot guarantee the ingredients contained in these alternatives. While our guides and hosts are trained in remote touring, they are not nutritionists and neither they nor the Real Adventure Group can advise of all ingredients contained in each food served on tour and are not responsible should an allergic reaction occur. If you have any allergies, please carry the necessary medication. An allergy declaration will be provided for your signature prior to a booking being confirmed.