No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Our 3 day Kakadu and Litchfield tour is perfect for those new to camping, as you will be sleeping on comfortable beds and have access to hot showers and toilets at the campsite.
3 Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Kakadu and Litchfield Tour
- Trip Styles: Comfort
- Price From: $1125
This is your Top End adventure Safari with a touch of style and quality, swim in plunge pools under waterfalls in Litchfield National Park, learn about Aboriginal Culture from your guide at the Aboriginal art sites of Nourlangie and Ubirr and explore the landscape and waterfalls of Kakadu National Park (World Heritage-listed for both its cultural and natural values), travel along rocky 4-wheel drive tracks, and take part in an iconic Mary River wildlife Cruise.
Experience Kakadu and Litchfield in comfort, traveling in a purpose-built four-wheel-drive and sleeping in permanent tents with beds or air-conditioned lodge accommodation. Explore Twin and Jim Jim Falls (dry season), 4WD on rocky tracks, swim in waterfalls and search for crocodiles on a wildlife cruise.
In Kakadu National Park witness 20,000-year-old indigenous art at the two main sights of Nourlangie and Ubirr. Marvel at the pristine waterholes of Litchfield National Park and take a dip to cool off. Plus discover why the termites build their mounds so large in this region of the Northern Territory.
Explore the ‘Top End’ in style on this comfort camping 3-day tour.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
$25 – $52.50 National Park / Twin Falls local payment due on departure. Amount depends on season.
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Enjoy an informative wildlife crododile cruise along the Mary River
- Take in the views and Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr
- Hike through monsoonal rainforest and swim at Maguk (Barramundi Gorge)
- Visit spectacular Twin Falls and Jim Jim Falls (seasonal)
- Explore waterfalls, spring-fed streams at Litchfield National Park
Essential things to pack
- Wide brimmed hat
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots
- Sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own)
- Swim wear
- Comfortable casual clothing for three days
Important Booking Info
- Safari is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
- Most tents at our camps are twin-share, however, some triple share tents are available for families with children under 18. These cannot be pre-booked and are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. In the event where a triple tent is unavailable and an odd-numbered family is traveling with children under 18, one parent/guardian will need to share a twin tent with the child and the other guardian share a tent with another passenger of the same sex. Single travelers choosing the camping fare will be paired in a tent with another customer of the same gender.
- At Real Aussie Adventures, we are all about adventure and getting involved. We don’t define by age but our trips are quite active. We get travellers from all over the world, people traveling by themselves, couples and groups. On this tour, you will travel in a small group on an air-conditioned 4WD bus with a maximum of 17 guests plus our knowledgeable and fun tour guide. We recommend that you can walk for 6km over slightly rough terrain comfortably to partake in this tour. Our guides are there to help you over more rocky terrain, but you are expected to do the walks unaided.
Where will I sleep on tour?
We have a variety of sleeping options on this 3 day Kakadu and Litchfield tour to suit everyone who wants to explore the tropical Top End with us. Twin share permanent camping is perfect for two people traveling together or for a single traveler who will then be paired with someone of the same sex. These are private permanent tents at the campsite complete with beds. We also have hot showers and toilets close to the campsite so a little bit of comfort whilst still enjoying the Aussie camping experience. Or if camping isn’t your style you can upgrade to The Lodge where you can choose the twin or double option if you are a couple or friends traveling or take the single lodge option if you are a solo visitor. Please enquire directly via the contact us button for the Lodge option at the time of booking.
How physically fit do I have to be?
Our tours are active adventures that include a fair amount of walking, hiking and water based activities. Walks can extend to 4 hours duration in warm to hot conditions, so a reasonable level of fitness is required, We don’t expressly set any age restrictions. Our tours are a mix of true outback adventure camping to soft camping. Less demanding treks/walks are available at most locations for those less active. Regardless, good health is important but ultimately, it is an open and positive attitude that matters. It is very important that any pre-existing medical conditions are discussed with our staff at time of booking.
How much luggage can I bring?
You can bring up to 15kg of luggage to be stored in our trailer while traveling, we advise you to bring a day pack for access to day-to-day items.