No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
This is not just your average see ‘The Rock’ tour. We take you off the beaten track in a four-wheel-drive to see the real Red Centre. After spending three nights in comfortable tents you will get to experience camping in true Outback fashion as you’ll roll out your swag under the stars, with nothing but your fellow travellers, the crackling fire and the Milky Way to keep you company. Bliss!
6 Day 4WD Uluru Red Centre Tour
- Trip Styles: Comfort
- Price From: $2195
This is the ultimate 6 Day 4WD Central Australia adventure safari. You’ll tour Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Watarrka (Kings Canyon), and the West MacDonnell Ranges truly experience the Outback in an authentic way.
Our 6 day 4WD Desert Dreaming Safari is the ultimate 4WD adventure safari. We’ll tour Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Watarrka, the West MacDonnell Ranges and experience the outback in an authentic way camping at remote private bush camps and visit the camel farm for a camel ride at Uluru.
Incredible 6-day tour – the ultimate Outback Experience! Witness Sunset and Sunrise at Uluru. Travel with a small group of 18 in a 4 Wheel Drive vehicle.
The first three nights will be spent in private campsites featuring permanent tents, swags and shared toilet and shower facilities. The fourth night will be spent completely ‘in the bush’ with no electricity, toilet and shower facilities or tents and customers will sleep in swags by the fire and under the stars – a beautiful experience.
Start your tour in either Alice Springs or from Uluru (Ayers Rock) airport. Finish the tour in Alice Springs or Uluru (Ayers Rock).
Visit the icons of Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, and West MacDonnell Ranges on our 6 day Uluru tour.
'Desert Dreaming' 4WD Red Centre Safari (Adult Twin Share Tent)
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Enjoy the sunrise and sunset at Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Learn about the local Aboriginal people at the Uluru (Ayers Rock) Cultural Centre
- Walk the majestic Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
- Ormiston Gorge and Palm Valley in the West MacDonnell Ranges
- Ellery Creek Big Hole cuts through a gorge in the West MacDonnell Ranges
Essential things to pack
- Wide brimmed hat
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots
- Sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own)
- Swim wear
- Comfortable casual clothing for five days
Important Booking Info
- Safari is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
- Please ensure you have had lunch prior to your collection as we will be travelling straight to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park to start the afternoon’s sightseeing.
- The single pricing option offers you a guaranteed single permanent tent during the Safari. As we do not always travel at capacity, some guests may be given a single tent without a supplement on location. No refund is given for those that have paid the single option in these circumstances. Additionally, for those that have chosen single pricing and choose to sleep in a swag, no refund is offered for the single pricing paid.
How much luggage can I bring?
You can bring up to 15kg of luggage to be stored in our trailer while traveling, we advise you to bring a day pack for access to day-to-day items.
How physically fit do I have to be?
On this 6 day tour there is plenty of walking and hiking in Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon you will need a good level of fitness.
Our tours are active adventures that include a fair amount of walking and hiking. Walks can extend to 4 hours duration in warm to hot conditions, so a reasonable level of fitness is required, We don’t expressly set any age restrictions. Our tours are a mix of true outback adventure camping to soft camping. Less demanding treks/walks are available at most locations for those less active. Regardless, good health is important but ultimately, it is an open and positive attitude that matters. It is very important that any pre-existing medical conditions are discussed with our staff at time of booking.
Where can I join this tour?
This tour can commence in Alice Springs at 6:00am. If you are joining us in Alice Springs please arrive into Alice Springs the day prior to tour start date.
This tour starts from Ayers Rock Airport meeting flights arriving between 12:30pm and 1:50pm
Or we pick up at Sails in the Desert Hotel at 12.30pm. If you are arriving on flights into Ayers Rock airport earlier than the above times you can take the free shuttle from Ayers Rock Airport to the Sails in the Desert hotel within Ayers Rock Resort. Please advise flight number when booking.
If you are arriving on flights into Ayers Rock later than 1:50pm cannot begin this tour on the same day.
Where and when does this tour finish?
We drop off at Ayers rock resort or airport around 9am on day 4 of the tour.
Or you can return to Alice Springs around 4pm. Please plan to fly out of Alice Springs the following day. Contact us for accommodation booking.