No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Join us for a journey to Lake St. Clair and onwards into the Western Wilderness! This is one of the world’s premier World Heritage Areas.
1 Day Lake St Clair and Western Wilderness Tour
- Trip Styles: Budget
With amazing scenery, cultural and natural history to discover, we explore this awe-inspiring area of Tasmania from Hobart.
Explore Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks” on our Hobart to Lake St Clair tour. Visit Cradle Mountain at Lake St. Clair National Park on this day tour.
Travel from Hobart west to Lake St. Clair and into the wilderness beyond exploring this magnificent area with a series of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks”. We experience some of the best natural attractions Tasmania has to offer with wild rivers, ancient rainforests, glorious mountains and fascinating history from both the man-made and natural worlds.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
Add to Package ($119)
Add to Package ($155)
Add to Package ($130)
Total Price: $404Add All To Wishlist Browse Wishlist
What To Bring
- Tarraleah Village & Tasmania’s Hydro History
- Cradle Mountain – Lake St. Clair National Park
- Lake St. Clair – Australia’s deepest freshwater lake
- Great Short Walks of Lake St. Clair
- Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park
- Franklin River Nature Trail
- Donaghys Hill Wilderness Lookout
- Tasmania’s World Heritage Wilderness Area
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm clothing, beanie/hat/gloves
- Weatherproof jacket (if possible)
- Water Bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
- Suitable for children over 8 years old.
- Our tours are designed as full active days of fast-paced travel, we are also at times exposed to the outdoor conditions of the day.
- On all tours, we offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up.
- We do not offer a pick up from residential addresses or from Air BnB accommodation.
- We operate small group Active Day Tours using Toyota Commuter and Toyota Coaster vehicles. These seat maximum passengers of 13 or 20 respectively.
What time does the tour start?
All our tours are scheduled to depart the city at 7.30am. Our first pick up is normally at 7.00am. Your pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking depending on your hotel or hostel location.
Are any meals included?
We do not supply lunch, snacks or beverages on our tours but we do stop along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste. This is usually a Bakery style stop in a regional town along the way to the main destination for the day. You will then be able to enjoy a lunch break during the tour day, usually somewhere scenic and suitable for a rest stop.
How much luggage can I bring?
As we operate small group Active Day Tours, our tour vehicles are not equipped to handle excess luggage. On our Active Day Tours we expect that each traveller will have a day pack only to store your daily essentials such as drinks, jackets and sunscreen while on tour for the day. No other luggage is able to be carried on our day tours. If you are moving hotels or have onwards travels you will need to ensure this is stored for the day at your hotel/accommodation prior to boarding the tour bus. If you attend a tour with luggage without consultation with our Reservations Team prior to travel, you may be refused entry to the tour vehicle