No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Join us for a fun and action-packed day out on the Tasman Peninsula. Explore, discover and learn with our guides as we enjoy a variety of activities, walks, sightseeing, history, chocolate tasting and much more!
1 Day Port Arthur and Tasmanian Devils Tour
- Trip Styles: Budget
- Price From: $129
Port Arthur penal settlement is a beautiful place with a dark history in Tasmania. This day tour will take you there as well as seeing the other beautiful views around the Tasman Peninsula south-east of Hobart.World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site is the best-preserved convict site in Australia, and among the most significant convict era sites worldwide.
Discover the history of the former convict colony on this day tour to Port Arthur. UNESCO World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site is the best-preserved convict site in Australia. You will see the mystery and heritage of Port Arthur.
Separated from Tasmania by a narrow neck of land, Port Arthur was once known as the “inescapable prison”, housing hardened criminals. Now a moving reminder of Australia’s history.
We explore the spectacular scenery on the Waterfall Bay clifftop walk, experience a Tassie Devil feeding, enjoy a stop at Richmond Historic Village and a local chocolate factory!
A perfect day tour from Hobart to experience this important and popular destination.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- UNESCO World Heritage listed, Port Arthur Historic Site
- Pirates Bay
- Waterfall Bay
- Harbour Cruise around Port Arthur
- Federation Chocolate Factory
Essential things to pack
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle
- Snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure!
Important Booking Info
- Suitable for children over 8 years old.
- Our tours are designed as full active days of fast-paced travel, we are also at times exposed to the outdoor conditions of the day.
- On all tours, we offer a central city hotel or backpacker hostel pick up.
- We do not offer a pick up from residential addresses or from Air BnB accommodation.
- We operate small group Active Day Tours using Toyota Commuter and Toyota Coaster vehicles. These seat maximum passengers of 13 or 20 respectively.
- We consider our tours to be active, visiting National Parks and wild areas focusing on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as ‘easy’, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- We educate all our guests on ‘Minimal Impact Bushwalking’ and the ‘Leave No Trace’ policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests about how to treat wildlife with patience and respect.
What time does the tour start?
All our tours are scheduled to depart the city at 7.30am. Our first pick up is normally at 7.00am. Your pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking depending on your hotel or hostel location.
Are any meals included?
We do not supply lunch, snacks or beverages on our tours but we do stop along the way for you to purchase food to suit your budget and taste. This is usually a Bakery style stop in a regional town along the way to the main destination for the day. You will then be able to enjoy a lunch break during the tour day, usually somewhere scenic and suitable for a rest stop.
Can I be dropped off at the Airport?
We do offer a Hobart Airport drop-off at the end of this tour day as we pass the airport around 6.00pm. You need to arrange this with our friendly office staff at the time of making your booking.
How much luggage can I bring?
As we operate small group Active Day Tours, our tour vehicles are not equipped to handle excess luggage. On our Active Day Tours we expect that each traveller will have a day pack only to store your daily essentials such as drinks, jackets and sunscreen while on tour for the day. No other luggage is able to be carried on our day tours. If you are moving hotels or have onwards travels you will need to ensure this is stored for the day at your hotel/accommodation prior to boarding the tour bus. If you attend a tour with luggage without consultation with our Reservations Team prior to travel, you may be refused entry to the tour vehicle.