No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
Make sure to pack comfortable clothing, swimwear, and sunscreen for the daytime activities and warm clothing for the nighttime stargazing. And don’t forget to take some time to just relax and enjoy the peacefulness of sleeping under the stars on the Great Barrier Reef.
Reefsleep Great Barrier Reef
- Trip Styles: Budget
Experience the ultimate getaway with Reefsleep, a two-day, one-night adventure that lets you sleep under the stars on the Great Barrier Reef.
Reefsleep Great Barrier Reef is an overnight experience that offers a unique opportunity to sleep on the Great Barrier Reef, one of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world. The tour departs from Airlie Beach and takes guests on a journey to the outer reef, where they can experience the tranquility and majesty of the reef without the crowds.
The overnight experience is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to truly immerse yourself in the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. Guests are welcomed aboard a spacious vessel and are treated to a sumptuous dinner before retiring to their comfortable and well-appointed sleeping quarters for the night.
The Reefsleep Whitsundays experience allows guests to sleep under the stars, surrounded by the stunning coral formations of the Great Barrier Reef. The sound of the waves lapping against the vessel, and the gentle rocking motion of the boat, create a sense of calm and relaxation that is hard to find elsewhere.
In the morning, guests are treated to a spectacular sunrise over the ocean, followed by a delicious breakfast. They can then take part in a range of activities, including snorkeling, scuba diving, and exploring the reef on a glass-bottom boat. The reef is home to a dazzling array of marine life, including colorful fish, turtles, and even the occasional reef shark.
The knowledgeable and experienced crew of the vessel are on hand to ensure that guests have a safe and enjoyable experience. They are happy to answer any questions guests may have about the reef and its inhabitants and are always eager to share their passion for this incredible natural wonder.
Overall, the Reefsleep Great Barrier Reef tour is a must-do for anyone who wants to experience the majesty of the Great Barrier Reef in a unique and unforgettable way. Whether you’re an avid diver or simply want to enjoy the tranquility of the reef, this overnight experience is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
1. How many are travelling?
2. Select a date
3. Looks awesome!!! Book it!
Reefsleep (Double price Per Person)
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
Our travellers often combine this trip with some of these trips:
Add to Package ($650)
Add to Package ($160)
Total Price: $650Add All To Wishlist Browse Wishlist
What To Bring
- Sleeping under the stars on the Great Barrier Reef is a truly unforgettable experience that you’ll remember for a lifetime.
- Exploring the reef by day is just as breathtaking as stargazing by night, with the opportunity to swim, snorkel, and view the diverse marine life up close.
- The Whitsunday Islands offer a stunning backdrop for your journey to the reef, with the chance to spot Humpback Whales during their migration season.
- The Reefbeds are surprisingly comfortable and offer a unique way to experience the reef in a tranquil and immersive setting.
- Enjoying a delicious evening meal on the deck of the pontoon, featuring fresh local produce, is a highlight of the Reefsleep experience.
- With exclusive access to the pontoon and reef after the day-trippers leave, you can truly feel like you have the entire reef to yourself.
- Change of clothes
- Swimwear and towel
- Sunscreen, hat and protective clothing
- Light jacket/sweater for a cool or windy day
- Camera to capture memories
- Money/credit card for optional purchases
How comfortable are the Reefbeds?
The Reefbeds are designed to be cozy and comfortable for a good night’s sleep on the Great Barrier Reef. They are raised off the pontoon deck, ensuring a dry and comfortable sleeping surface. The beds come with a pillow, sheets, and a duvet, and are designed to provide a comfortable sleeping experience even for those who are not used to camping or sleeping outdoors.
The bed is a day bed during the day for you to relax and enjoy. The bed will be made up at dinner do you to sleep in overnight.
Can I swim or snorkel at night?
Unfortunately, swimming or snorkeling at night is not permitted for safety reasons. However, you can still enjoy stargazing from the top deck of the pontoon or from the comfort of your Reefbed. During the day, you will have ample opportunities to swim and snorkel in the crystal-clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Especially late afternoon when the day trip crew have left.
Is there a restroom or bathroom available on the pontoon?
Yes, there are restrooms and shower facilities available on the pontoon for you to use during their stay on the Great Barrier Reef.