No products in the cart.
Real Aussie Says
This three day self-drive adventure ex Hervey Bay is the perfect way to explore Fraser Island your way.
3 Day Fraser Island Self Drive Adventure
Join our fun three-day self-drive adventure from Hervey Bay, the perfect way to explore Fraser Island, with an included 4WD vehicle, return ferry transfers, personalized itinerary, and accommodation.
This three-day self-drive adventure departing Hervey Bay is the perfect way to explore Fraser Island.
On this package, you will take return ferry transfers from Hervey Bay, and then armed with your personalized itinerary you will drive our custom 4WD vehicle around the Island. Don’t miss out on a single sightseeing opportunity or exciting activity including the freshwater Lake McKenzie, the coloured sands of the Pinnacles, the bubbling waters of the Champagne Pools, the Maheno wreck, and the crystal-clear waters of Eli Creek. Be sure to keep an eye out for wild dingoes and birdlife too!
At night you will sleep in the comfort of Eurong Resort or Bringabeeralong Beach House. Enjoy relaxing evenings and adventurous days on Fraser Island.
If you haven’t visited Fraser Island but always dreamed of heading over to the world’s largest sand island, now is a perfect time.
We can't confirm real time availability on this tour. Please enquire about this trip and we will get immediately back to you!
What To Bring
Important Booking Info
- Discover the best of Fraser Island on a self-drive adventure by rented 4WD
- Drive along 75 Mile Beach, the sand highway that runs the length of the island
- Relax on the serene shores of freshwater Lake McKenzie
- Swim over volcanic rocks in the Insta-worthy Champagne Pools
- View the stunning coloured sands at The Pinnacles
- Swim in Eli Creek, the largest freshwater creek on the island
- See the rusted skeleton of the famous Maheno Shipwreck
- Drive to the green-coloured Lake Wabby in Great Sandy National Park
- Visit the island’s most easterly point, Indian Head
Essential things to pack
Important Booking Info
- Two person packages will stay in a Standard Hotel Room at the popular Eurong Beach Resort, while four and six person packages stay at the self-catering Bringabeeralong Beach House located nearby.
- Blackout Dates:
17 September 2021 – 04 October 2021
4-Wheel Drive Vehicle Hire Information
Fraser 4WD hire is available 361 days a year, subject to availability. Max 6 people per car – drivers must be over 21 years old and hold their current open drivers license.
Vehicles will have a full tank of fuel at collection and needs to be returned with a full tank.
Vehicle must be returned in hired clean condition – car wash approx. cost $15.00 or add a Dingo Clean for $30-$50 (can be discussed at safety briefing).
Safety briefing can be either the day prior or at least 2 hours prior to barge departure (arranged at time of confirmation).
Subject to a credit card bond of $1500 (groups 23 years & over), $2000 (groups under 23 years, drivers must be 21years), with an excess reduction of $4000.