Two days on a small group guided tour of Fraser Island, Queensland, seeing all the highlights on the island including Lake Mckenzie, Indian Head, Maheno Shipwreck. You will stay in comfortable Wilderness Lodge accommodation.
All about the 4 Day Fraser Island Whale Watching Package
4 Day Fraser Island Whale Watching Package Itinerary - 4 days
Hervey Bay to Fraser Island
Select your preferred crossing time and travel by ferry to Fraser Island. Stay at the award-winning Kingfisher Bay Resort, complete with mirror lakes and waterholes, the properly blends seamlessly with the island’s sensitive ecological systems.
Fraser Island 4WD ranger guided tour
Embark on a full day exploration of Fraser Island from the comfort of an air-conditioned, custom designed 4WD coach. You will discover Lake McKenzie – Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek – Pile Valley’s stunning Satinay and Brush Box forests – Seventy Five mile beach’s famous highway – the Maheno ship wreck – the coloured sands of The Pinnacles – the temperate, fresh waters of Eli Creek – the mighty Stonetool Sand Blow.
Overnight resort accommodation included. (B,L)
Half day whale watching
Humpback whales book their holidays in Hervey Bay from early August until October. During this time over 1,000 Humpback whales visit for as long as two weeks each, chilling out in the sheltered waters off Fraser Island, many with newborn calves. It is in this area where they rest after their long journey from Antarctica, making it one of the best whale watching locations in the world. Learn about these majestic sea giants from your onboard marine ranger while enjoying an included morning tea.
Overnight resort accommodation included. (B)
Fraser Island to Hervey Bay
Select the return ferry time to suit your travel plans and return to Hervey Bay. (B)
Daily from/to Hervey Bay accommodation and River Heads Ferry Terminal
Departs River Heads, Hervey Bay at 06:45, 09:00, 12:30, 15:30, 18:45
Departs Kingfisher Bay Resort Jetty, Fraser Island, 07:50, 10:30, 14:00, 17:00. 20:30
Choose your desired return ferry times.
More information" >
Important NotesThings you need to know about this tour
- Order of activities is subject to change
- Guests must check in at mainland reception (Shop 7/54, River Heads Shopping Village, River Heads Road, River Heads, Queensland 4655) at least 40 minutes prior to ferry departure. If accommodation transfers are required, you will be informed of your ferry terminal transfer time at time of booking.
- Please specify your desired ferry times at the time of booking. Please allow sufficient time to travel between your previous and next destinations. River Heads Ferry Terminal is approximately 15 minutes from Hervey Bay Airport and 20 minutes from Hervey Bay Transit Centre.
- Single travellers can select Single room option only - Double/Twin/Triple is available to passengers who book and travel together.
- Tours must be reconfirmed at least 48 hours in advance by calling 1800 372 737 or by emailing [email protected]
Similar Tours to 4 Day Fraser Island Whale Watching Package
A two day fully guided tour to see the highlights of Fraser Island from Hervey Bay travelling in a large 4WD vehicle for your comfort. Stay at Eurong Beach resort in comfortable accommodation.
3 day guided tour from Hervey Bay to Fraser Island to see the highlights of Lake Mckenzie, Indian Head, Eli Creek, 75 Mile Beach. You will stay in comfortable Wilderness Lodge accommodation at Kingfisher Bay.
Kingfisher Bay’s adventure package gives you the opportunity to see Fraser’s iconic beauty spots - Seventy Five Mile Beach, Lake McKenzie and beautiful Wanggoolba Creek from the comfort of an airconditioned, custom-designed 4WD coach.
Share the love with your special someone on this romantic three night package on famous Fraser Island, the world's largest sand island. Enjoy a free upgrade to a spa room, a massage each and a cheese platter and bottle of wine to indulge in on the beach.