This classic east coast journey from Sydney to Cairns is on guided transport using buses and trains as you travel to overnight stops but also have the option to hop on and hop off along the route.
All about the Greg Pass - Sydney To Brisbane Hop On Hop Off Tour
Hop on hop off means you can choose your own adventure on the East Coast.
You can be flexible and stop and stay in towns or destinations for a few days or weeks. Then get back on the tour and go a bit further. You do not have to complete the pass in a fixed time limit or with the same group of people the whole trip. It's up to you how long you take to do this East Coast trip maybe 3 weeks maybe 3 months.
This trip takes in the whole East Coast from Sydney to Brisbane so book your pass....start it and then see what happens. Have no plans and just go with the flow. You'll travel with fun, like-minded people, and meet our amazing drivers and guides. It's your choice, your way. Our Sydney to Brisbane tour departs often with a great mixture of international travelers on board. A perfect chance to make friends, see the East Coast of Australia and take your time to travel.
Greg Pass - Sydney To Brisbane Hop On Hop Off Tour Itinerary - 6 days
Sydney to Barrington Tops
We depart Sydney and head to the Hunter Valley wine area for a tasting at one of Australia’s most famous vineyards. We then travel to our secluded stop on the edge of Barrington Tops a World Heritage Listed National Park. We stay in our own private lodge overlooking the Barrington River. You have the option to go tubing down a scenic part of the river or go mountain biking (additional cost). After a tasty dinner we a few drinks and relax in the hot tub in the evening. Tonight you sleep at Twistops Retreat.
Barrington Tops to Spot X Surf Camp
This morning we do a bush walk to take in the scenery and wildlife, spot kangaroos, a variety of birds and if you're very lucky a platypus! We then visit a Koala hospital to learn about their efforts in preserving Koalas and what we can do to help. We then travel to Spot X Surf Camp where we will stay in water-front dorm accommodation for the night.
Spot X Surf Camp to River Retreat
This morning you can take a surf lesson (additional cost). In the afternoon we have some remote exploring. We travel to the Solitary Islands Marine Park where you have the option to go snorkeling or we take a walk on the headlands. We then head our overnight tipi camp at River Retreat. We have a few drinks and/or play volleyball or petanque. We sleep in beds in a tipi or swags under the stars. In the middle of winter, we will stay in the historic country pub.
River Retreat to Byron Bay
We leave our camp early, hop on our bus and head up towards Byron Bay, Australia’s famous surf, and arts town. We stop in the picturesque town of Yamba along the way where you can have a walk around or have a swim in the Angourie Blue Pool. You can book via the Loka App your accommodation in Byron Bay for the two nights here.
Free Day in Byron Bay
Explore, learn to surf, party, visit the alternative town of Nimbin (additional cost), or just relax and take in the laid back, hippy vibe. We recommend taking a walk to the lighthouse to view the Australian mainland’s most easterly point. We have an orientation as we arrive into Byron Bay to help you get your bearings.
Byron Bay (via Gold Coast) to Brisbane
We cross the New South Wales and Queensland border this morning, stopping off at Fingal Head to explore. Then drive into the Gold Coast, you may want to get off here to experience the sun, sand, tans, and high-rises of Australia’s most developed beach resort Surfers Paradise. We drop you off in the Brisbane CBD for the end of your Loka experience.
|Tour code: GREG|
Tuesdays, Friday, Sundays from Sydney.
Minimum Time: 6 days
Important NotesThings you need to know about this tour
- You can break your journey at any of the stops through any of the travel days and just connect with a later Loka bus or rail departure (guided or unguided). You can book your own accommodation or your guide will book it for you, you will usually get a bed-only option (averaging $28 per person per night), a twin/double option (averaging $100 per room) or where due to remoteness there is a package price for meals food and activities where applicable.
- Travel passes are valid for travel in one direction over a route with each travel sector only being able to be used once.
- Passes are valid for the person whose name they were originally issued in and are non-transferrable.
- Passes are valid for twelve months from the date of your departure.
- Travel is in 24 seat mini coaches between Sydney and Noosa, and local bus and train (plus ferry to Magnetic Island) between Noosa and Cairns.
- Guides travel on all routes on the set departure days – but you can travel on the train on other days without a guide.
- You can only access the unique transfers and activities when traveling with the guide.
- There is a minimum of three departures per week over all routes.
- For specific departure days and times please see the Loka timetable on the pass pages.
- Accommodation and meals are not included in the pass price.
Similar Tours to Greg Pass - Sydney To Brisbane Hop On Hop Off Tour
Start from Sydney and return to Sydney on this guided hop on hop off tour that will take you north to Byron Bay via Barrington Tops where you will go for a guided walk to spot platypus, snorkel in a marine reserve, chill out at Byron Bay and be able to get off and stay longer at Spot X Surf Camp to learn to surf.