Sail on a yacht that has been a successful racing yacht on the Queensland coast. This yacht is a little different in that it has a lot more twin and double accommodation. perfect for couples or people travelling together.
All about the 2 day / 2 night Maxi Sailing on Condor
Experience our awesome 2 day 2 night Maxi Whitsunday Sailing Adventure perfect for you if your 18 to 39 and young at heart.
This maxi sailing adventure offers you a social experience with a group of like-minded travellers. On this boat tour you will explore the amazing Whitehaven Beach and go snorkelling at two locations on the fringing coral reefs, plus go on guided bushwalks on the islands.
Yachts are 22 to 24 metres long and offer plenty of space to relax on deck or below. Large shade awnings roll out when at anchor.
- Huge deck space which is bigger than two London buses and safe as this yacht was built to race around the world, so sailing the Whitsundays is easy,
- Fast sailing so you will go further and see more of the islands,
- Help out with the sailing or just sunbathe on the massive deck,
- Because we only carry a maximum of 29 guests, we have the permits to do all the iconic Whitsunday Island Walks,
- When we stop, we roll out a huge deck shade awning,
- Plenty of space downstairs with hot showers!
- Bonus: major bragging rights about sailing on a world famous Ocean Racing Maxi Yacht & twice Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race Winner!
Hoist the sails or take the wheel with plenty of opportunities to get involved while seeing the best destinations. We will show you the beauty of the underwater world and some seriously fast fun.
2 day / 2 night Maxi Sailing on Condor Itinerary - 2 days
Day 1 and 2
This tour offer time to explore the islands, including time to relax at the magnificent Whitehaven Beach, walk to famous Hill Inlet Lookout and experience two snorkelling stops on the fringing coral reefs which extend right from the edge of the Islands.
An optional Scuba dive is available when we meet with our Dive Boat, Tornado Dive, which is purpose built to do Introductory or Certified Scuba Dives.
This itinerary will cover around 100km's around the islands and is achieved in 2 days and 2 nights due to the sailing performance and ability of your Maxi Yacht to sail faster than other charter yachts can go, even when they use a motor, which is also really friendly for the environment as we use wind power.
Not only will you visit the famous Whitehaven Beach, but you will also get to the Northern end of the Whitsundays, where the best fringing coral reefs in the Whitsundays are found around Hayman Island, Langford Reef and Mantaray Bay.
For guests who want to be involved, help the crew set the sails, have a turn on the wheel, and get some amazing sailing photo's.
The Captain and crew will provide you with plenty of information on the Whitsunday Islands and the Marine Park
You will arrive back to the Marina at 11am on the 3rd day with a better appreciation of the Whitsunday Islands.
|Tour code: 2D2NCO|
Single bunk or Double bunk^ in shared cabin
Private Double Cabin
Single bunk or Double bunk in shared cabin if booked 90 days in advance of departure date
2pm Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday (except 21-29 Nov and 25 Dec) from Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia
Check in by 7.00pm the day prior to departure at Shop 1, 4 Airlie Esplanade, Airlie Beach
Important NotesThings you need to know about this tour
- Check in by 7.00pm the day prior to departure at Shop 1, 4 Airlie Esplanade, Airlie Beach
- ^ It is recommended that the double bunk fare is only booked by two people travelling together as otherwise pax will have to share the double bunk with another passenger.
- Passengers can bring their own alcohol as this vessel is not licensed. Please no glass bottles or red wine.
- Boat departs and returns to Abell Point Marina
Similar Tours to 2 day / 2 night Maxi Sailing on Condor
Sail the Whitsunday Islands over two days on the maxi yacht Siska which has 4 double rooms and 14 single bunks. A great boat for the under 35 year olds.
Experience an impressive 2 day 2 night Maxi Sailing Adventure which are designed for for 18 - 35s and young at heart travellers. With a fantastic racing history, Boomerang is sure to give you a thrilling adventure! Originally built in Italy to compete in the world's most recognised races, she proved to herself to be a true winner. Now she is taking you around the Whitsundays!
British Defender was built to race in the 1990/91 Whitbread Around The World Race - the premier ocean racing event. Today it's kitted out for your comfort with spacious cabins configured with bunks and private doubles. Two dining areas offer below decks dining areas and there are 3 showers and toilets.
The maxi yacht Broomstick only stopped racing in 2000 but now is fitted out for your passenger comfort. it's still a long and sleek boat with double cabins and single bunk accommodation on board.